Vortex AI is a Montreal-based technology company specializing in artificial intelligence and IoT.
With over 25 years of experience working with large companies, in large-scale projects, the founders of Vortex AI want to put their experience and expertise in the service of various size companies, from different fields of activity, so that they can improve their services and provide more value to shareholders by implementing innovative IT solutions.
We are looking for a Embedded software engineer to be part of a growing company.
The position is 100% remote. Between 20 and 40 hours/week. You can set your own schedule to have a good work/personal life balance.
Embedded software engineer develops embedded software programs. Must review and maintain system once developed. Is involved in the complete life-cycle of the embedded software product, from building the code through to final testing and device implementation.
You will do:
– Creating design goals and deadlines
– Designing and writing the embedded software code according to desired specifications
– Testing the software for scalability and structure
– Implementing the embedded system and interpreting error reports
– Fixing bugs and optimizing the system
– Maintaining the software program
– Documenting software application values
You must have:
– Minimum 2 years experience in a related field
– Programming experience in C or C++, or both
– Programming experience in Python on Linux OS
– Familiarity with software configuration tools
– Experience in embedded systems development and troubleshooting and with real-time operating systems
– An understanding of data structures and basic knowledge of SQL Language
– Knowledge of DevOps or GitHub and working in a team environment is a must with either platform
– Having developed system software with multi-customer deployments along with a good understanding of versioning
– Fluent in both English and French
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice.
Schedule: You can set your own schedule to have a good work/personal life balance.
Work remotely: Yes
Vortex Ai is an equal opportunity employer.